Planning success – Takeley Chapel – May 2019

Following an approach by the church in January 2018 and our recommendation for a structural engineers report, the proposal of a replacement front porch to provide level access and accessible facilities has received planning approval.

Front elevation drawing

The church building, constructed in 1902 to replace a former chapel built in 1808, is used as both on Sundays and also throughout the week as a Christian school. The proposed use of red brick and slate to match the existing building is planned. The new double doors will be glazed aluminium to allow better visibility and natural light into the space.

Proposed floor plan