An inspection of church buildings or other charity properties is recommended at least every five years to ensure the condition is not deteriorating and a pro-active repair programme is in place.
The survey normal includes:
- Studying all documents provided;
- Inspecting the exterior and interior of the property;
- Recording the condition of the property in schedules and by photographs;
- Making recommendations on works required over the next five years and estimated costs for these works;
- Providing a sketch plan of the property to identify various parts
It does not include:
- Full specifications and detailed prices for repair work required;
- Detailed scaled plans of the property;
- Structural survey or specialist survey work, such as electrical or appliance inspections;
- Reporting on parts of the property that are inaccessible or covered or testing services;
- Valuation for capital, investment, rental or reinstatement purposes.
Find out more – Architectural services property advice & surveys (May 2017).