We aim to keep you up to date with charity legislation and church related information through our briefing papers and links to other relevant websites. We have grouped the briefing papers into different categories to help you find them. Hover over the category title and the full list of available papers will appear.
- The Equality Act - making church buildings fully accessible
- Recovering Bitumen Felt Roofs
- Managing Asbestos in Church Buildings
- Fire Exits and Escape Routes
- Disabled Access Ramps and Entrance Steps for church buildings
- Corridors and internal doors in church buildings
- Building work to church premises
- Accessible WCs within church buildings
- The changes to charity law made by the Charities Act 2022 - New in 2022
- Leases and Licences
- Copyright & Licensing - NEW in 2021
- Good Practice for Charity Trustees
- Understanding Property Trust Deeds
- Public Benefit requirements
- Place of Worship and Marriage Registration
- Independent Churches and the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013
- Does our church need to register with Charity Commission?
- Church Properties - Do we need to register the title?
- Brethren Movement