Church Growth Trust’s objects (purposes) are for the public benefit and are restricted to the following:
- To permit our properties to be used by Independent Churches, Evangelical Churches as church buildings and Christian Missions, mission halls, church centres and ministers’ residences, so long they are required for such purposes;
- To let or sell our properties, using the income and capital for:
- Making grants or loans or giving guarantees for the planting, developing, encouraging and supporting of Independent Churches in the UK;
- Assisting Christian Missions whose primary purpose is to plant and/or support and/or work with Independent Churches in the UK;
- To promote the effectiveness and efficiency of Independent Churches, Evangelical Churches and Christian Missions by the provision of:
- Advice services on property issues, new legislation and good practice in relation to the operation and management of churches and missions;
- Seminars, guidance and information on legal, property and charity matters affecting churches and Christian charities.
“Christian Mission” means an evangelical Christian mission holding our doctrines;
“Independent Church” means a local group of Christian believers meeting together as an evangelical Christian church and professing our doctrines and observing our practices (see page “our beliefs”);
“Evangelical Church” means a local group of Christian believers meeting together as an evangelical Christian church and professing our doctrines.