You may be worried about hiring out your church building. Some of the questions asked by churches similar to you include:
· If we charge people for using the hall, will we have to allow everyone who asks to use it?
· Do we have to only ask for a donation or can we charge for organisations using the meeting room?
· Can we stop other religious groups using our premises?
· What do we do if we are asked to conduct a same sex marriage in the chapel?
· How does the Equality Act affect us?
· What do we have to do to protect ourselves or to keep within the law?
Church Growth Trust’s new briefing paper “Hiring church premises and the Equality Act 2010”, which was co-authored by Edward Connor solicitors, tries to answer these and other questions. The paper is now available on Church Growth Trust’s website: churchgrowth.org.uk/briefing-papers-library/.