We have recently received this update from our insurance brokers in relation to property insurance.
|‘In the light of emerging Government Regulation in connection with the ongoing Covid 19 Pandemic we have agreed further guidance in connection with your insurer, Ansvar. This Guidance is effective from the 1 September 2020.
The Guidance relates to properties which have been temporarily closed due to the Covid 19 Regulations and there is the expectation that normal activities will resume once restrictions allow. In the case of permanent or long-term closure unrelated to the pandemic please email your usual contact with details of the changes.
In addition to this policy guidance we also strongly believe that it is in your long-term interest to have at least a weekly inspection of the property insured. The inspection alone however does not constitute occupancy in terms of the insurers requirements.
WHEN IS A CHURCH PROPERTY CONSIDERED OCCUPIED
The Church should be occupied as outlined below, at least once every 30 days
* A regular monthly Service being held
* Where a Service is not held, if there is occupancy during the 30 days for Church activities which can include:
– Administration work
– Open for prayer
– Running on-line services from the Church
– Preparing the Church for re-opening
– Cleaning, repairs or remedial work
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR PROPERTY DOES NOT MEET THE ABOVE GUIDANCE
The above Guidance applies from 1st September 2020. Therefore, if you cannot meet the requirements after 1st September 2020 (or one month after the property becomes unoccupied, if later) you should immediately:
* Notify us by email to your usual contact or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Confirm the date the property became unoccupied
* Actual/Anticipated occupancy date
* The reason(s) for the un-occupancy
Once unoccupied it is usual that:
* Where the un-occupancy is solely Covid 19 related a premium increase is unlikely to apply where there are plans to ultimately reopen
* Cover is restricted
* The policy excess for property damage claims increases
* Additional policy conditions apply
Any further questions on this please do contact email@example.com or ring 01536 201339.